Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chelsea Galleries

Assuming the role of a collector I visited the Chelsea Galleries in search of art work in which I would like to invest my monies in, I visited the Marlborough Gallery
in which the Artist on Display was Rashaad Newsome. His piece displayed was very distasteful to me, it does not represent the hip -hop culture. It simply shows the lifestyle that many rappers portray to the viewing population. I as a collector would not invest my funds into displaying a piece, because it doesnt represent art. Its simply a collage of what people think the rap and hip-hop world is about.

I also visited Yossi Milo Gallery. The artist artwork captured my heart. The art was Untitled # 168 by Simen Johan. It is a rhino sitting in the middle of what looks like a desert. The piece look very vivid to me and the piece looks very clear. The rhino was still and the colors blended in as if it were all one piece. The other artwork I will get is Untitled # 155. It is a huge bird that is in a forest, standing on a tree branch with a frog in its mouth.Although I did not really care for the bird, I really found more interesting the background of the trees and how large they were. They remind me of my mothers habitation back home.


Rashaad Newsome
BO$$ED UP, 2011


Rashaad Newsome
Let Them Eat Cakes, 2011

Simen Johan
"Untitled #155"
2010

Simen Johan"Untitled #168"
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment